Mattress shopping can be stressful, especially if you don’t know your preferences for a mattress. There are different ways of purchasing a mattress. Mattress companies can sell to you directly online, from an online retailer, a brick-and-mortar store, or a brick-and-mortar retailer. You will find some mattress companies that have online stores that offer sleep quizzes to provide you with the best mattress according to the information given in the examination. They could also have physical stores where you can sample the beds before making a purchase.
Let’s look at the different stores you can buy your mattress.
Direct online selling from the company
Buying mattresses online is growing in popularity. Most people now prefer to buy their beds online because you don’t go through intermediaries and buy at lower prices. Mattress brands know more about their mattresses, so you also get more detailed information than other mattress retailers. Buying directly from known mattress brands is the best way of getting the highest quality for much less. Some of the well-known online mattress stores include:
Mattress Warehouse offers budget-friendly mattress options at meager prices. If you take extra time researching the best mattress that fits your preference, you can save a lot and cut down on your budget. This mattress store provides you with a wide range of beds to select from like:
- Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress that has various firmness options.
- Aireloom high-end, handcrafted mattress with cashmere and pocketed coils.
- Stearns and Foster luxury mattresses with a high and thick profile.
- Sealy mattresses that have a Posturepedic line to offer support and spine alignment.
- Cheswick Manor offers innerspring and hybrid mattresses.
- Kingsdown makes latex, luxury-style hybrid, and pocket coil mattresses.
- Serta has an iComfort and iSeries line of beds for both all-foam and innerspring mattresses.
Amazon has one of the best online mattress collections. It offers brands like Serta, Casper, Tuft & Needle, and twin-to-California king mattresses. The best thing about Amazon is that it provides you a risk-free trial period of 100 days to try out the bed and decide if it’s the mattress you want. The massive quantity of reviews on its website makes Amazon a credible online store to buy your bed and even the bedding.
Many online mattress companies that sell directly to their customers also sell through online retailers. Online retailers make it easier for you to do comparison shopping on the same website. Their large volumes mean they offer good customer service and fast shipping. However, when you purchase from an online retailer, you don’t get warranties or long sleep trials unless you are buying directly from the company.
- You don’t have to go to the store to make your purchase, and; yourase from the comfort of your home.
- You can take advantage of online discounts and coupons.
- Use the sleep trials to test the mattress at home.
- Reading product reviews online lets you know about other people’s experiences with the same product.
- Take advantage of free shipping and returns.
- If you have a question, talk to the online representatives instead of queuing to speak to a salesperson.
Brick-and-mortar company store
Many online mattress companies unique in that you won’t find pushy sales persons trying to sell you every mattress in the store. You can take your time sampling the various beds at peace. The main drawback is that there are not many of these stores. You can only find them in major cities. An example of a brick-and-mortar store is:or showrooms where you can purchase the mattress directly from the company and try it out in their galleries first. These showrooms are
This is a well-known brick-and-mortar store with stores in every state across the country, making it easy for you to try out a mattress before you buy it. Its online store has various options and easy ways to find the right mattress you want using the finder tool. They have a 120-day sleep trial, allowing you to return the bed if you don’t like it. You’re also refunded the difference if you find the same bed cheaper online within 120 days of your purchase.
This is the traditional way of purchasing a mattress. You visit department stores, furniture store, specialty mattress store, or big box store that offer various mattress models and brands. This way, you get to try out the mattress in person before purchasing and compare it with other brand stores in the area. Mattresses in these stores tend to be a bit expensive, but you can negotiate the prices. However, shopping in these stores can be stressful because of pushy salespeople.
Advantages of brick-and-mortar stores
- You can test and feel the mattress before you make any purchases.
- There is an opportunity to compare the prices of various mattresses in the same store.
- You’re sure about the mattress you’ve purchased because you tried it.
- If you have any questions, you can talk to the salesperson face-to-face.
- You can take advantage of buying a mattress when on sale or has discounts in a specific store.
- You can buy the mattress at a lower price because there is room to negotiate the price.
You can now choose where to purchase your next mattress.
Since we’re digital, most companies have taken advantage of this opportunity to reach different customers. Mattress companies haven’t been left behind, making your work easier; select, purchase, and it’s delivered right to your doorstep. This way, you get a sleep trial period to see if you like the mattress you’ve selected, or you can return it at no extra cost. If you want comparing prices and sampling the bed before buying, you can go to the various brick-and-mortar stores. Whichever way you buy your new mattress will depend on the value and experience you’re looking for.