Mattress shopping can be a stressful experience especially if you don’t know your preferences in a mattress. There are different ways of purchasing a mattress. Mattress companies can sell to you directly online, from an online retailer, from a brick-and-mortar store, or a brick-and-mortar retailer. You will find some mattress companies have online stores that offer sleep quizzes so that they can provide you with the best mattress according to the information given in the quiz. They could also have physical stores where you can go to sample the beds before making a purchase.
Let’s look at the different stores you can buy your mattress.
Direct online selling from the company
Buying mattresses online are growing in popularity. Most people are now preferring to buy their mattresses online because you don’t go through a middleman and you buy at lower prices. Mattress brands know more about their own mattresses so you also get more detailed information about their mattresses than other mattress retailers. Buying directly from known mattress brands is the best way of getting the highest quality for much less. Some of the well-known online mattress stores include:
- Mattress Warehouse
Mattress Warehouse offers budget-friendly mattress options at very low prices. If you take extra time to research on the best mattress that fits your preference, you can save a lot and cut down on your budgeted amount. This mattress store provides you with a wide range of mattresses to select from like:
- Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress that has various firmness options.
- Aireloom high end, handcrafted mattress with cashmere and pocketed coils.
- Stearns and Foster luxury mattresses with a high and thick profile.
- Sealy mattresses that have a Posturepedic line to offer support and spine alignment.
- Cheswick Manor offers innerspring and hybrid mattresses.
- Kingsdown that makes latex, luxury-style hybrid, and pocket coil mattresses.
- Serta that has an iComfort and iSeries line of mattresses for both all-foam and innerspring mattresses.
Amazon has one of the best online mattress collection. It offers popular brands like Serta, Casper, Tuft & Needle, and many others from twin to California king mattresses. The best thing about Amazon is that it offers you a risk-free trial period of 100 days to try out the mattress and decide if it’s the mattress you want. The massive quantity of reviews on its website makes Amazon a credible online store to buy your mattress and even the bedding.
Many online mattress companies that sell directly to their customer also sell through their online retailers. Online retailers make it easier for you to do comparison shopping on the same website. Their large volumes mean they offer good customer service and fast shipping. However, when you purchase from an online retailer you don’t get warranties or long sleep trials unless you purchase directly from the company.
- You don’t have to go to the store to make your purchase, you just purchase from the comfort of your home.
- You can take advantage of online discounts and coupons.
- Use the sleep trials to test the mattress at home.
- By reading the product reviews online you get to know about other people’s experiences with the same product.
- Take advantage of free shipping and returns.
- If you have a question you just talk to the online representatives instead of queuing to talk to a sale person.
Brick-and-mortar company store
Many online mattress companies open stores or showrooms where you can purchase the mattress directly from the company but also try it out in their showrooms first. These showrooms are unique in that you won’t find pushy sales persons trying to sell you every mattress in the store. You can take your time sampling the various mattresses at peace. The main drawback is that there are no many of these stores. You can only find them in major cities. An example of a brick-and-mortar store is:
- Mattress Firm
This is a well-known brick-and-mortar store that has stores in every state across the country making it easy for you to try out a mattress before you buy it. Its online store has various options to choose from and an easy way of finding the right mattress you want using the finder tool. They have a 120-day sleep trial which allows you to return the mattress if you don’t like it. You’re also refunded the difference if you find the same mattress to be cheaper online within 120 days of your purchase.
This is the traditional way of purchasing a mattress. You either visit a department store, furniture stores, specialty mattress stores, or big box stores that offer various mattress models and brands. This way you get to try out the mattress in person before purchase and also compare with other different brand stores in the area. Mattresses in these stores tend to be a bit expensive but you can negotiate the prices. However, shopping in these stores can be stressful because of pushy salespeople.
Advantages of brick-and-mortar stores
- You can test and feel the mattress before you make any purchases.
- There is an opportunity to compare the prices of various mattresses in the same store.
- You’re sure about the mattress you’ve purchased because you tried it.
- If you have any questions you can talk to the sale person face-to-face.
- You can take advantage of buying a mattress when on sale or has discounts in a specific store.
- You can buy the mattress at a lower price because there is room to negotiate the price.
You can now choose where to purchase your next mattress
Since we’re in a digital era, most companies have taken advantage of this opportunity to reach different customers. Mattress companies haven’t been left behind making your work easier, just select, purchase and it’s delivered right at your doorstep. This way you get a sleep trial period to see if you like the mattress you’ve selected or you can return it at no extra cost. If you like comparing prices and sampling the mattress before you buy, you can go to the various brick-and-mortar stores. Whichever way you choose to buy your new mattress will depend on the value and experience you’re looking for.