Paving the driveway with asphalt is a great way to improve the looks of the exterior of your house and ease the flow of traffic along the way. It is a popular choice of homeowners and is inexpensive too when compared with other paving options. Moreover, it is worth the investment if done correctly and can last for 25 to 30 years if done by experienced professionals correctly.
If you also want asphalt paved driveway, then important is to seek for the services of a reliable asphalt paving contractor. Whether you are paving your driveway for the first time or repaving the damaged driveway, choosing the right contractor is vital to get the best results.
The following are the helpful tips for hiring the right asphalt paving contractor for your driveway.
- Do your due diligence – In order to hire the best contractor, do a lot of research on the internet. Search for the reputable asphalt paving companies in your area. You can also ask for recommendations from your friends or relatives. After collecting the names of three to four highly rated companies, contact them and ask for the referrals, check photos of their completed work, collect information about their pricing, and confirm their availability.
- Confirm the presence of license and insurance – A company who is concerned about its reputation follow all the rules set by authorities. A reputable company is licensed because they understand that it is a sign of authentication. They comprehend the fact that customers can easily rely on them if they are licensed. Furthermore, hiring a company that is insured for both liability and worker’s compensation is crucial if you want to protect yourself from unwanted debts. So, make sure to check the license as well as insurance of the company.
- Ask a lot of questions – As you are going to spend your hard-earned money on the paving project; your satisfaction is a must. And for your satisfaction, ask all the questions that strike your mind. Important questions that you can ask are as follows:
- What is your price?
- Can you provide an estimation of the date when the project will finish?
- How thick will the asphalt be?
- What grade of asphalt will be used?
- From how many years you are working as an asphalt paving contractor?
- Do you do your own work or use a subcontractor?
A reputable paving professional will happily answer all your questions that too with patience. In case the contractor gets irritated over your queries or doesn’t give clear answers, then better look for some other company.
- Beware of frauds – Several contractors are there who claim to be the best and also try to convince customers by saying that they have new and cheaper material. Don’t get lured by such offers. You may get poor quality services because of lower prices. Suggested is only to hire the contractor who provides services at competitive prices.