Paving the driveway with asphalt is a great way to improve the looks of your house’s exterior and ease traffic flow along the way. It is a popular choice for homeowners and inexpensive compared to other paving options. Moreover, it is worth the investment if done correctly and can last 25 to 30 years if done by experienced professionals.
If you also want an asphalt-paved driveway, then it is important to seek the services of a choosing the right contractor is vital to get the best results.. Whether paving your driveway for the first time or repaving the damaged driveway,
The following are helpful tips for hiring the right asphalt paving contractor for your driveway.
- Do your due diligence – To hire the best contractor, do a lot of research on the internet. Search for reputable asphalt paving companies in your area. After collecting the names of three to four highly rated companies, contact them and ask for referrals, check photos of their completed work, collect information about their pricing, and confirm their availability. You can also ask for recommendations from your friends or relatives.
- Confirm the presence of license and insurance – A company concerned about its reputation follows all the rules set by authorities. A reputable company is licensed because they understand it is a sign of authentication. They comprehend that customers can easily rely on them if they are licensed. Furthermore, hiring a company insured for liability and worker’s compensation is crucial to protect yourself from unwanted debts. So, make sure to check the license and company insurance.
- Ask a lot of questions – As you spend your hard-earned money on the paving project, your satisfaction is a must. And for your satisfaction, ask all the questions that strike your mind. Important questions that you can ask are as follows:
- What is your price?
- Can you provide an estimation of the date when the project will finish?
- How thick will the asphalt be?
- What grade of asphalt will be used?
- How many years have you been working as an asphalt paving contractor?
- Do you do your work or use a subcontractor?
Awill happily answer all your questions with patience. If the contractor gets irritated over your queries or doesn’t answer clearly, you better look for another company.
- Beware of frauds – Several contractors claim to be the best and try to convince customers by saying they have new and cheaper materials. Don’t get lured by such offers. You may get poor-quality services because of lower prices. The suggestion is only to hire a contractor who provides services at competitive prices.