Chicago boasts everything that you could want when looking for a city vacation. The Windy City features stunning architecture, world-class museums, amazing food and entertainment options, and more. The idyllic location along Lake Michigan’s shores and a friendly midwest vibe make Chicago a must-see destination. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as your plan your Chicago adventure:
WHAT TO DO:
- The Field Museum: This natural history museum is bursting with a host of educational and entertaining exhibits. Be sure not to miss the famous Evolving Planet exhibit, home to Sue, the biggest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex in the world.
- Millennium Park: This urban oasis takes up three square blocks of prime lakefront property. The park is home to an outdoor music stage, a Ferris wheel, a seasonal ice skating rink, and many stunning sculptures. The famed Cloud Gate sculpture, also known as “the bean,” is also on display at this park. Millennium Park is also a fun place to take in the stunning Chicago skyline all around you.
- The Magnificent Mile: Shoppers can shop until they drop on this 13-block stretch of Michigan Avenue. Over 450 stores and nearly 300 restaurants dot the landscape of this international melting pot. Strolling the Magnificent Mile is also an ideal way to take in this bold city’s famous architecture.
WHERE TO STAY:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown: Families looking for space to spread out will delight in the roomy suites at this downtown hotel. Each morning, a complimentary hot breakfast will deliver the fuel that you need to power you through your day of fun.
- Hyatt Regency Chicago: As one of the premier hotels on the Riverwalk in Chicago, the Hyatt is the largest hotel in the entire city. Located just steps away from the bustling Riverwalk, this hotel delivers unparalleled access to a host of dining and shopping opportunities as well as the most popular tourist attractions.
- InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile: This historic hotel combines refined elegance with modern amenities. This classic hotel features a beautiful indoor pool, a trendy lounge, and spacious guest rooms.
WHAT TO EAT:
- Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria: No trip to the Windy City is complete with sampling the area’s best deep-dish pizza. The thick buttery crust is the perfect conduit for the heaps of toppings and gooey cheese. Considered one of the best in the city, Lou Malnati’s is a true Chicago institution.
- Portillo’s Hot Dogs: In addition to pizza, Chicago is also known for its street dogs. Don’t leave Chicago without seeing what all of the fuss is about! As the undisputed hot dog king, Portillo’s serves up the classic Chicago dog as well as hot beef sandwiches, burgers, and salads!
- Girl & the Goat: This popular locale dishes fresh foods, ranging from fish to mouth-watering meats to side dishes expertly prepared with locally sourced ingredients. Choose from options such as goat ricotta blintzes, crisp braised pork shank, and the unique confit goat belly.